24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor and X-Processor Pro
Fujinon 23mm f/2 Lens
Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder
Both optical and electronic viewing means are incorporated into the unique Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder, which provides both the simplicity of an OVF with the technological advancements of an EVF. Switching between both viewing methods is done with the dedicated OVF/EVF switching lever, enabling quick transitioning between both modes. The OVF has its benefits in providing a clear, unadulterated view of the scene you’re photographing and reduces the shutter lag time to a minimum. For fine-tuning of focus, exposure, white balance, and other camera settings, the EVF gives you the ability to monitor all of the applied settings prior to making the exposure.
An enhanced optical viewfinder now incorporates an electronic rangefinder mode, harking to traditional mechanical rangefinder cameras of which this camera gains its appearance from, and permits refined and comparative manual focusing methods. The magnification of the electronic rangefinder can be adjusted to 2.5x or 6x for improved precision, and real-time parallax correction also enables more accurate framing and focusing in manual focus mode.
In contrast, the high-resolution 2.36m-dot EVF provides you with 100% frame coverage along with the ability to utilize electronic focusing aids for precise manual focus control. By using the phase-detection pixels located on the imaging sensor, Digital Split Image is able to assist in acquiring precise focus by showing comparative in and out of focus areas of the image. Also contributing to manual focus accuracy, focus peaking has been integrated and enables a more objective system of focusing by way of highlighting sharp edges and lines of contrast in a clear manner.
When working with the EVF, you can also utilize Shooting Effect Reflection settings in order to preview and utilize selected camera effects, such as Film Simulation modes. When this setting is turned off, the image will revert to a natural view, void of any exposure or camera settings applied, to better suit working in darker conditions and to greatly reduce any display lag.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot LCD monitor for image playback and review, menu navigation, and for live view shooting.
- A physical ISO dial has been incorporated within the shutter speed dial to allow for intuitive, direct switching of sensitivity settings.
- Focus lever has been added to lens to improve manual focus adjustment.
- Rear focus lever is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points.
- The physical exposure compensation dial now features a C position to permit an expanded +/- 5 EV range when working with the control dials.
- The majority of the camera’s control buttons and dials have been placed on the right-hand side of the body to enable easier one-handed use.
91-Point Autofocus System
Utilizing both contrast- and phase-detection methods, the hybrid autofocus system employs 91 total points, which can be divided into 325 total areas for a high degree of focusing accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. Approximately 40% of the frame is covered by 49 phase-detection points in order to provide fast AF performance to suit working with moving subjects.
When working with autofocus, you can choose either single-shot AF-S mode or continuous AF-C mode, and each can be used in conjunction with Single Point AF, Zone AF, or Wide/Tracking AF settings.
Film Simulation Modes
Other Camera Features
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you wirelessly transfer images or remotely control the camera from a linked mobile device.
- Integrated three-stop neutral density filter benefits working in bright light conditions with wider aperture settings or slower shutter speeds.
- An electronic shutter function affords high shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 sec.
- Auto Macro focusing mode lets you focus on subjects as close a 3.9″ away.
- Digital Teleconverter settings let you simulate the look of a 50mm or 70mm lens.
- Advanced Filters: Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, High Key, Low Key, Dynamic Tone, Soft Focus, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple).