- E-Mount Lens; APS-C Format
- 27-300mm Equivalent in 35mm Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-40
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- ED Glass and Aspherical Lens Elements
- Internal Stepping Motors
- Smooth & Quiet, Ideal for Video
- Three-step Adjustable Zoom Speed
- Direct Manual Focus and Power Zoom
- Metal Exterior
The E PZ 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens from Sony is a powerful, yet compact zoom lens for APS-C format E-mount mirrorless cameras from Sony. Its zoom range is equivalent to 27-300mm in the 35mm format and therefore offers everything from true wide-angle to super-telephoto capabilities. This versatility allows you to shoot groups, interiors and expansive landscapes and also zoom in for portraiture and to bring distant subjects close. A newly developed internal linear stepping motor provides quiet and smooth focusing which is ideal when shooting video. And in addition to the Power Zoom function with three variable zoom speeds, the lens supports constant speed zooming for slow, smooth zoom, which is also desirable when shooting video. Zoom can be controlled from camcorders that feature built-in zoom levers and by the standard control on the lens barrel.
Optical Image Stabilization (OSS) provides 4-stops of shake-correction which will allow you to gather more light with less blur and provide clearer images when shooting in low light or at long focal lengths. When OSS is combined with the Anti Motion Blur and Hand-held Twilight Modes of NEX-series camcorders, low light interior shots can sustain themselves with lower ISO’s and minimal noise even when using ambient light. An optical design that includes 5 aspherical elements and Extra-low dispersion glass provides sharp, high-contrast images throughout the frame.
For a lens with such a wide zoom range, it is particularly compact and its metal exterior provides durability and a high-quality presence. Direct Manual Focus allows you to use the focus ring on the lens barrel for precise manual focus.
- 18-200mm, 11x Zoom Range
- With its 18-200mm zoom range that is equivalent to a 27-300mm zoom lens in the 35mm format, this lens is supremely versatile providing wide-angle to super telephoto capabilities. It is compatible with APS-C format E-mount cameras and will fit on full frame E-mount cameras but is only fully compatible if used in crop mode.