Zoom H5 Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
- Reviews (0)
- Modular Mic and Input System
- Includes XY Microphone Module
- Four Simultaneous Inputs
- Uses SD Memory Cards
- Compatible with H6 Mic Modules
- Optional Shotgun Mic and XLR/TRS Inputs
- Record up to 24-bit/96kHz Audio
- Doubles as USB Audio Interface
- Optional Hot Shoe Mount
The H5 Handy from Zoom is a compact, portable handheld digital recorder that is capable of four-track recording and features an interchangeable, modular microphone system. The recorder ships with an XY microphone capsule and is compatible with the existing line of H6 modules including the optional shotgun mic and XLR/TRS input modules.
The included XY stereo mic module provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle, and features a built-in shockmount system and a maximum SPL of 140dB. Additionally, the recorder is equipped with two inputs for external sources, allowing you to record simultaneously with the included stereo XY mic for a total of four input channels. Each input is controllable by its own analog gain knob, and also has a -20dB pad.
The recorder also has an LCD screen and a side-mounted toggle control for navigating through the menu options. It gives you fast access to transport functions, offering physical control buttons right underneath the screen, and conveniently stores its recorded audio to external SD cards.
In addition to the detachable X/Y capsule, the recorder also ships with a foam windscreen, a 2GB SD card, two AA batteries, a USB cable, WaveLab LE (download), Cubase LE (download), and a hard plastic case.
- Features: Zoom H5 Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shockmounted microphones for reduced handling noise
- Compatible with Zoom H6 input capsules and optional capsules including the SGH-6 shotgun mic capsule and the EXH-6 dual XLR/TRS combo input capsule
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- Large backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Protective “roll-bar” type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls
- Plug-in power (2.5 volts)
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you’ll never miss that perfect take
- MS decoding
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- A/B loop playback
- Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
- Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
There are no reviews yet.